Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Angel By Your Side

My little sister is one of the strongest people I know. She is such a beautiful person, inside and out. I got to go home for the afternoon yesterday to celebrate my birthday, and I can't say how excited I was to get to see all of my family. Maddy has such wonder, such passion for life, such love, not to mention a sense of humor. We painted a desk, chatted, downloaded some new music; good sister bonding. 
Maddy wanted a couple songs by Francesca Battistelli from iTunes. I had been contemplating downloading the very same album, so we split the cost of her album "Hundred More Years." I really enjoy Battistelli as an artist because her songs are so honest, so full of truth and reality. 
Today was my birthday, so I was bombarded with the simple gesture of love in a "Happy Birthday" wish by so many friends. After a rather busy day, I settled in and finally read the text messages in my phone while listening to the new album. I got to the fourth track, "Angel By Your Side." As I was listening I read the text from my little sister. It said, and I quote, "Listen to Angel By Your Side! That's how I feel about you!!!!" 
My eyes teared up immediately. She, altthough still so young, is an example for Christ to all the people around her. Her spectacular spirit amazes me daily. Maddy is my inspiration. 
"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.  Psalm 103:1-5"
I praise the Lord, with all of my soul, he has given me such a blessing in my family. He heals us, making us whole, pure, clean, renewed in Christ.  Listen to this song, and be sure to thank those people who are your angels. God has blessed us in so many ways, thank him for all that he does for each and every one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment